Way2Go is a new debit card system for unemployment benefits implemented by The State of Georgia Department of Labor in 2015.
The Georgia Way2Go card is more than just a Georgia Unemployment Debit Card. It is a state-of-the-art, multi-purpose MasterCard® debit card.
Georgia programs that use the Way2Go card are designed to make it easier and more streamlined. If you already have a Georgia unemployment login account, you can go to the Way2Go Georgia login page.
Your Way2Go Login Georgia Account Online.
The card is managed through the GoProgram and can be accessed through the Way2Go login. You will need to provide:
- Your full name. It needs to be entered exactly as submitted on your claim and your driver’s license or ID.
- Your date of birth. You might need to provide a copy of your social security card if the information hasn’t been entered into the system.
- Social Security Number. Generally, you will not need to provide your social security card, but you will need to enter your social security number.
- The card pin on the back
Once you are logged in using your Way2Go login GA:
- You can check your balance online. Note: Way2Go nor GoProgram GA customer support are unable to help if there are any discrepancies in unemployment payments and suggest contacting Georgia Department of Labor.
- Manage your automatic alerts, including when you get a deposit. They also can be set up by calling (1-888-929-2460)
- Set up Direct Deposit
- Account for any fees that might have been applied to your account.
Georgia Unemployment Benefits
The Georgia Department of Labor administers Georgia’s Unemployment Insurance (UI) Program. The UI program assists eligible unemployed workers during an extended period of unemployment.
The UI benefits include:
Payments for unemployment compensation, job search allowance, and allowances to individuals with dependents or those who are able to search for employment but are unable to find suitable work immediately.
To qualify for Georgia UI benefits
A previously unemployed worker who has worked for at least one week in any 30 days is elegible.
Unemployment: For the period during which you are unemployed, you must be total without work, and for 21 consecutive weeks out of a 36-week period, or that is 1/3 of the weeks counted by your Georgia.
Check approval status
If you’re eligible, this office will mail you a notice with instructions. It’s best to call (404-232-3001) or visit your local Georgia Labor Office to check the status of your application.
How long does it take to receive my unemployment debit card in Georgia?
Once you file for the unemployment insurance benefit, it takes around 7-10 days to receive your card in the mail.
Way2Go Debit Card Georgia Features
How to Utilize your Georgia Way2Go card
Ways to withdraw funds
- ATM withdrawal at more than 2,000 MoneyPass ATMs statewide with the addition of Georgia’s new prepaid debit card.
- You can withdraw cash from any bank teller. As long as they are MasterCard member banks.
- Pay for goods and services anywhere MasterCard is accepted.
- Get cashback from your grocery store transaction.
- Have your Way2Go funds transferred into your checking account.
Way2Go GA daily with-drawl limits.
Due to security reasons, cardholders can take out a maximum of $500.00 dollars each day. Unfortunately, there is no way around this.
How to check the balance
Via phone (1-888-929-2460)
Any in-network ATM
By Using your Georgia GoProgram Login Online
How do I Avoid Georgia UI Way2Go Card Fees?
What ATM is the fee for GoProgram GA card?
- It’s completely free to use as long as you don’t use an out-of-network ATM. All MoneyPass ATM have unlimited transactions with $0 dollar fees.
- Here you can find a MoneyPass ATM near me
- Pay attention to the messages on the ATM to make sure there is no Fee
- ATM Out-of-network Fee .95 cents per transaction will be deducted from your card account
- Card Replacement: First replacement is free after that $4.50
- Expedited delivery fee $14.50 with 2day delivery
What happens if I don’t receive Georgia Unemployment card?
If you do not receive your card within 15 days, contact the Georgia Department of Labor Workers‘ Compensation Division at (1-888-929-2460).
If you don’t get your deposit of unemployment insurance benefits, a special claims process will have to be completed and may take just as long as getting your unemployment card.
How to replace lost or stolen Way2Go Card from Georgia
Immediately call GoProgram phone number 1.888.929.2460 and report your missing or stolen card to one of their customer service representatives and request a new one. Customer service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Go Program will send out a new one within 7-10 business days.
If you need a replacement sooner, you can request that it be expedited to 2-day shipping but be aware that it comes with a $14.50 shipping fee.
What is the Georgia UI Debit Card Phone Number?
Contact Georgia UI Debit Card Customer Service by calling (1-888-929-2460). There are two ways to contact the customer support center. You can either call the toll-free number or call directly from their website. If you visit their website, you can find a lot of information and additional options to contact them. The email address is also available on their website.